Inspired by Clotilde, this is my own version of her yogurt cake, with few added ingredients and baked many many times.
250 g full fat plain yogurt
100 g ricotta, or fromage blanc or quark
100 g melted butter
100 g sugar
250 g flour
1 chemical yeast for cakes
For a 24 cm cake tin
- Pre-heat the oven at 180° C.
- Mix all the wet ingredients: yogurt, ricotta, eggs and melted butter.
- Add the dry ingredients (sugar, flour and yeast) and mix leaving few lumps.
- Pour the mixture in a 24 cm cake tin covered with parchment.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
You can add extra flavor to this cake, adding, before baking, apples, pears, or any seasonal fruit, chocolate chips.
You can use only yogurt (350 g in total) or invert ricotta and yogurt proportion (250 g ricotta, 100 g yogurt).