You can have them as a side dish, or blend them and use it as a sauce or for the pizza.
1 kg tomatoes, washed
2-3 garlic cloves
Extra-virgin olive oil
- Pre heat the oven at 210° C.
- Slice the tomatoes: not too thin, not too thick, let’s say 1 centimeter wide.
- Pell and halve shallots. Leave the garlic cloves with their skin on.
- In a big roasting pan, pour 2 table spoons of olive oil. Add tomatoes (and all the juices came out from cutting), shallots, garlic, basil and thyme and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast in the hot oven for 30 minutes or until well roasted.