Time to prepare and think about the first picnics!
This stuffed bread is simple, quick and it can be made in advance.
No quantities: use your eyes and if you have leftovers from the filling eat them like a salad.
1 big round loaf of bread
1 jar of grilled peppers, drained
Capers, drained and rinsed
Anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained
Sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- Lay the bread on a chopping board and cut with a long bread knife the upper dome part of the bread, 2-3 centimeters from the top. Reserve.
- Scoop out most of the bread crumb, leaving 2 centimeters on the side and on the bottom.
- Roughly chop the grilled peppers and the anchovy fillets, halve the tomatoes. In a bowl mix peppers, tomatoes, mozzarelle, capers, anchovy filets, sun dried tomatoes and basil.
- Transfer all inside the bread, cover with the cut upper dome.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes in the fridge and then for at least 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.