One of the last pumpkin of the season, I know… Soon there will be asparagus and other spring vegetables…
So, what better use than pumpkin muffins? Of course the best use of all is pumpkin risotto! But even the muffin are quite satisfying!
Inspiration from Le Cordon Bleu – home Collection – Muffins.
250 g pumpkin, peeled and diced
180 g flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
60 g chocolate chip
55 g cane sugar
60 ml vegetable oil
60 ml milk
For 12 muffins (6 king size)
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Cook the diced pumpkin in the oven or in the microwave until tender. Blend it.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, sugar and chocolate chip. Make a wheel in the middle.
- Inside the wheel add egg, oil, milk and the puréed pumpkin.
- Mix roughly, leaving lumps.
- Divide the mixture in 12 muffin moulds, covered with paper pastry cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a chopstick come out clean form the middle of one of the muffin.
- Let it cool on a rack.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 days (you’ll finish them before!).